Registered Letters, A Mail Plus and Packages
To post items with a bar code, you need a dispatch form. This dispatch form serves as a delivery note and as confirmation of postage (the yellow receipt book was previously used for this). Give the dispatch form and the registered or A Mail Plus item to the in-house post office. Keep a copy of the dispatch form as confirmation of postage.
Do not use this process for sending items by courier or to other countries. If you are sending a package weighing 2 kg or more to another country, the relevant waybills or CN22/CN23 documents (select “Registered” when creating a CN22/CN23) are valid confirmation of shipping.
Process for Sending Registered Mail
- Log in with your short name
- Enter the recipient’s address and select the type of shipping
- Check that the details you have entered match the information on the item
- Print the dispatch form
- Give the dispatch form and the item to the in-house post office
- Keep a copy of the dispatch form
The information about the sender on the dispatch form is for internal use only at UZH.